Finished writing your manuscript? Let’s learn about Editing & Publishing it.
Editing, Publishing & followed by Marketing are all equally important steps for success of the book or for you as an author to continue in your writing journey.
Getting published by one of the top publishers is a dream for most authors, none of them accept unsolicited manuscripts (submitted directly from authors). So making the role of a literary agent, writing a perfect pitch and doing a thorough edit are extremely important.
At the same time, an abundance of self-publishing options and tools like KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) can leave you really confused and overwhelmed about how to prioritize and get going!
So questions like these are always there for new authors.
Should I pay for publishing my book?
In this workshop, we will share with you our decade-long experience of navigating the world of publishing in India (and abroad). Suitable for authors looking to edit their manuscripts, publish their books and understand how to market their books effectively.
We will be covering the following topics,
- Setting up your writing goals: What kind of books do you want to write & why?
- Types of editing: Structural editing, Line editing, Beta reading, Proofreading. How to go about it?
- Pitching your manuscript: how to pitch agents & publishers.
- Writing a synopsis, author bio & examples of a good pitch
- Publishing routes in India – Traditional vs Self-publishing + live demo of tools and software used for book publishing
- Book marketing and Author Branding – Overview only detailed workshop: here
Online Workshop with plenty of resources, practical guidance and Q&A session.